Continue Your HOBY Journey!
HOBY’s Advanced Leadership Academy (ALA) is a program initially launched in 2013 for any high school junior or senior (ages 16-18 at the time of the program) from the U.S, Canada and Mexico. Students are not required to have participated in other HOBY programming to be eligible to participate in the ALA.
Through the ALA, participants:
- Understand and develop themselves along the seven dimensions of the Social Change Model of Leadership (SCM) and how they work together to accomplish the eighth dimension: change;
- Use Gallup’s Clifton StrengthsFinder ™ assessment to identify and understand their own strengths and capabilities;
- Create a project action plan to lead and implement a service project or social enterprise in their home communities within one year following the ALA;
- Meet new people and establish an ongoing network of peers, other leaders and social entrepreneurs; and
- Earn college credit from George Mason University.
For more information on ALA, eligibility criteria, curriculum and costs, please click here.
To register for ALA, please click here.